Top Social

Stamping on a Budget

|


I love to buy those small wooden Recollection stamps at Michaels. Usually $1.50, you can't go wrong. A few years back they had little sets, for a steal, one set contained this large santa image. Since I've never gotten around to using it, I wanted to share it now!


I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to quickly colour him after stamping him out twice.
 I wanted to create lots of layers in a graphic way, I did that by adding different layers of cardstock.

I also had another Recollections stamp set from an old summer collection that had these pretty flora. Even though they aren't 'christmas' I was really inspired by them. I stamped them using Stampin'up's Stampin'Spots (discontinued a while ago). Mini ink pads are my favourite, they are convenient and easy to use.

To get the variation in colour I would ink them up in the lightest green, then take the darkest green to the outer edges. I think it gives them a more life-like feel.

On the card above, I stamped the leaves out probably 30 times and fussy cut them. (That took longer than I care to admit!) I used them to make a wreath and popped them up with some pop-dots. I love the way they look, I just wish I had matching dies. On the card below, I only used two branches but it still makes a big impact.


The 'merry christmas' was stamped using Amy Tangerines alphabet blocks I got in clearance at Homesense a while back and love the look that they give to an otherwise basic card.

The 'wonderful' is from another of the Recollections summer stamp sets. I heat embossed it with Versamark and Recollections gold detail embossing powder on white cardstock. After cutting that out I put it on vellum and cut it again to give it some interest. I put the word 'Christmas' on the inside of the card to finish the saying. 



I like how these are proof that you don't have to spend a fortune on products to get amazing little cards. Most of these products were purchased at Micheals over time, using coupons. In Canada you have to pay a premium to order stamps online and this is a great way to keep crafting on a budget.

I hope these inspire you to reimagine some stamps that you already own and at the same time save some money this holiday season! I'd love to know what you think, leave a comment below!


(This post was not sponsored and all opinions are my own)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature