Top Social

Classy New Years Card

|

Do people even give out New Years' cards? I don't know if they do, but I've been making them anyhow. This one was fun, trying to keep it classy.

It started with the Hero Arts Number it Stamp n Cut set, because I loved the look of the numbers. I stamped the year out repeatedly on an angle. The 'Happy New Year' is from Lawn Fawn's Toboggan Together. 


I stamped the floral in Versamark and heat embossed in gold. You could use any flower image that you love. 

I used fun foam to pop the banner up, then added a strip or gold glitter paper I had in my scrap basket, it already had the scalloped edge. 


I kept thinking I was finished with this card, but it was just missing that 'something' you know? The banner just felt too plain. 
I wasn't sure if I wanted to add another colour and kept going back and forth. Finally I decided to use a pop of red. 

I used Copics to colour in the 0's and 7's. Then that wasn't enough so I coated the whole thing with my Wink of Stella marker. Then that still was not enough so I went over all my colouring with Glossy Accents.


R29, R39

I wish I could capture the sparkle and shine it has. It's so hard to do in pictures. I think the black and gold give it an elegance that you think of at New Years.


At this point the only thing left to do was tie in the red with the rest of the card somehow. A little red bow got the job done. I actually quite like how this one turned out in the end.

Thanks for coming by and please share!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature