Top Social

Christmas Card Spinner Tutorial

|



How adorable are these sheep?! 
I made this simple spinner card using the
Mama Elephant Wooly Winter stamps. 

via MamaElephant


The two reindeers are a mirrored image and made making a spinner so simple.
I quickly coloured the sheep using Copics, not even taking my time to do much blending, just throwing the colours down to get some quick shading. I fussy cut the sheep and used some silver embroidery floss and glued them back to back.


E15, E39, R29, N0, N2, N4, C3

The rest of the card came together quickly too. I took a white 4x6 card and used the MFT Wonky-Stitched Die-namics to cut the circle using my BigShot. Then I lined that up to the card base and ran the die through again so they match perfectly. It requires the 2 layers to make a sandwich in order to hide the strings.



I grabbed some cherry red cardstock from my stash and the WPlus9 Sunshine Die Set and cut out my border three times. I glued the layers together using Tombow MonoMulti liquid adhesive to give it a bit of depth and dimension.


Before assembling it all together I did my stamping. WPlus9's Festive Greetings gave me the modern look I was going for.


I stamped the Jingle in red pigment ink and used clear embossing powder to give a bit of gloss. The rest of the sentiment and the inside were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black.

When putting it all together, make sure you tape down your string to keep it secure, then assemble your sandwich using your favourite adhesives.



I like to twist the sheep up before putting it in the envelope so it spins out when the recipient opens it. 

What a fun and simple card, hopefully it inspires you to get some last minute cards made!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature